Among the various challenges which many Instagram users face, issues around Instagram bio link not clickable seems to top the chart. In this post, we will discuss how to fix that.
Being a platform where many users use as a handy tool to promote their brands, businesses and services, having lots of clickable links here and there is one way to make the most out of your Instagram account.
Well, in case you find yourself drown in this pool of bio link not clickable, don’t fret yet because I am here to offer a helping hand.
If you’re having trouble with your Instagram bio link not being clickable, don’t worry, it’s a common issue that can be easily fixed. Here are some possible reasons why your link may not be working and some solutions to help you get it back up and running:
1. Outdated Instagram account
If your Instagram account is outdated, it may not have the latest features or updates, which can cause issues with your bio link. The solution is to update your Instagram app and make sure you’re using the latest version.
2. Link placed in wrong section
If you’re not putting your link in the right section of your bio, it won’t be clickable. Make sure you’re placing your link in the “Website” section of your bio.
3. Poor internet connection
A poor internet connection can cause your bio link to not load properly. Check your internet connection and try again when you have a stronger connection.
4. Page no longer exists
If the page you’re linking to no longer exists, your bio link won’t be clickable. Check that the link is still active and update it if necessary.
5. Broken link
A broken link won’t work in your bio. Check that the link is correct and update it if necessary.
6. Website link was not entered correctly
If you did not enter the correct URL on the website section, your website link will not be clickable. So you should check if you add https:// or http:// prefix. Though, these are not important because http will be automatically appended if you leave them out but make sure you enter it yourself to avoid any issues.
7. Link fails to load
Sometimes a link may fail to load due to an error or issue with the website. Try refreshing the page or clearing your cache and cookies to see if that resolves the issue.
8. Instagram blocked your link in bio
If Instagram has blocked your link in your bio, it could be because it violates their terms of service or community guidelines. Review their policies and make sure your link is in compliance.
9. Filled Instagram app cache
A filled Instagram app cache can cause issues with your bio link. Leaving the Instagram app cache on your Android, iOS or Windows device can leave outdated files and updates. To fix this issue, clear your cache by going to your settings and selecting “Clear Cache.”
10. Using VPN app on your device
VPNs and proxy apps have become popular. And while they are great at granting access, they can also interfere with your Instagram bio link and make them appear not clickable. A simply solution is to turn off your VPN or proxy temporarily and see if that does the trick.
Ways to fix Instagram bio link not clickable
And if all the above failed at solving your non-clickable Instagram bio link issue, you ca leverage on these solutions on how to fix Instagram bio link not clickable.
To fix your non-working Instagram bio link, you can use hashtags and profile links. So, let’s get started:
Fixing via the Instagram mobile app
- Launch the Instagram app on your device and go to the Profile icon located at the bottom of the app. This will open your Instagram account profile section.
- From the “Edit Profile” option,
- On the website field, make sure the URL you want to link is properly added without any white space preceding the first letter.
- Once you check and make the necessary changes, save and check your profile to confirm the link can be clicked.
- Starting from Step 1 and 2 above
- Tap the Bio text area to input your hashtags or profile links.
- Type in a word that is related to your brand, services or business, and let it the word be preceded by the “#” sign (e.g., #writing).
In most case, you’ll find some relevant hashtags suggested by Instagram. And if you cant find yours on the list, just type yours and make sure that you add the “#” sign (without a space) before the word.
Similarly, you can add a profile name since an Instagram profile name is clickable. To do this, type “@”, then followed by the profile name (e.g., @pushbio)
- Tap the “Done” option on the Edit Profile page to save your hashtag or profile name.
Once this is done, Instagram automatically convert the profile name as well the hashtag word to a clickable link that will take users and your followers to the page you expect them to visit.
Fixing via Instagram web
If you’re still having issues regarding your Instagram bio link not clickable, there’s a simple solution. Try accessing your Instagram account through a web browser on your PC instead of your phone. Launch your web browser on your PC and go to instagram.com.
From there, log in to your account and try to edit your bio to access the link. By accessing Instagram through a web browser on your PC, you may be able to bypass any issues you were experiencing on your mobile device.
Fixing via the Instagram Support
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting tips and you’re still having issues with your non-clickable Instagram bio link, don’t worry. Here’s what you can do to get help from Instagram support:
- Head over to your Instagram profile and tap the 3-bar menu button.
- From the menu, select “Settings” and then tap on “Help.”
- Next, choose the “Report a Problem” option.
- Briefly explain the issue you’re experiencing with your Instagram bio link and include screenshots if needed.
- Hit the “Submit” button to send your report to the Instagram support team.
Make sure to provide as much detail as possible about the issue you’re experiencing. The Instagram support team will review your report and get back to you with further instructions on how to resolve the problem.
Bio links on Instagram that are not working or clickable is a major problem for many users. Well as difficult and supposedly impossible to fix as this problem may seem to many people, it is actually easy to do once you know your onions around the rules in adding a clickable link on your Instagram bio page.
So, if you’ve been asking similar questions before now, I trust that this post has given an answer as well as a solution to your queries.