In the world of social media and online video content sharing, TikTok ranks highly. The platform allows you to share short-form videos and grow a following along. Thankfully, getting on TikTok is as easy as signing up on the platform and populating your account with content.
While that is the easy part, making a success of your presence on TikTok requires hard work. One of the easiest ways is to share your TikTok URL. You might be wondering what your tiktok URL is.
TikTok URL is a specific link unique to your profile on the platform. If you want the audience to view your TikTok content, you can send them to your profile by sharing your URL link. This is often more effective than sharing your username since your URL is unique to your account.
How to Find Your Tiktok URL
So, how do you copy your URL on tiktok?, below are some 3 methods to find and copy your tiktok URL.
1. Getting your URL from your username
On TikTok, your URL is a combination of the TikTok link and your username. This means your TikTok URL will appear like this; tiktok.com/@username. For instance, our TikTok username is @pushbio, therefore, our TikTok URL will be https://tiktok.com/@pushbio.
This is very similar to what you get on most social media platforms. However, for TikTok, you need to add the “@” sign in front of your username to create your URL. Without the “@” sign in front of your username, the link will not work.
2. Getting your URL from the TikTok app
The TikTok app provides you with two ways to get your profile link. Here are the two methods:
- Open the TikTok app on your device;
- Click the “Profile” button at the bottom right side of your screen;
- From your profile page, click on the three horizontal lines icon at the top right corner of the screen;
- Select the Settings and Privacy option from the pop-up menu;
- Locate and click on the Share Profile option;
- Tap on the “Copy link” option, and you will be notified of the link copied.
Using this method means your link will often include some strings of characters. If we follow this method for our Pushbio profile, then our TikTok URL link appears like this https://www.tiktok.com/@pushbio?_t=8X4ZivzSCIg&_r=1.
Alternatively, you can use this method to get a cleaner TikTok URL void of any random character strings. Here is how to do it:
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile phone;
- Click on the “Profile” button located at the bottom right side of your screen;
- From your TikTok profile page, click on the “Edit Profile” button under your profile picture.
- Under the Username field, you will see the link to your TikTok profile. You can copy the link by tapping the tiny copy button beside it.
3. Getting your URL from TikTok web
You can also copy your TikTok URL from the web version. Follow these simple steps to get your link:
- Head to the TikTok web platform and log in to your account;
- Click your profile picture, and then a dropdown menu will appear;
- Locate and click on the “View profile” option;
- From here, your profile URL is located in the URL field of the page, and you can copy it.
How to change a TikTok URL
Changing your TikTok URL is possible, but this also means changing your username. This is because your username is linked to your TikTok URL. It allows for uniqueness since no two accounts can have the same username.
To change your TikTok username, follow the steps below:
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile device;
- Click on the profile button at the bottom right corner of the page;
- Tap on “Edit Profile”;
- Scroll to and click on the “Username” tab;
- You can make changes to your username on the next page;
- After changing, click on the save button at the top right corner of the page.
Once you change your username, the changes are also reflected on your TikTok URL. While it’s possible to modify usernames on TikTok, there is a 30-day period between each username change.
Is there any benefit to knowing my TikTok URL?
While knowing your TikTok URL might seem like extra work, there are some benefits to actually being aware. Here are some to convince you:
1. Help you grow your account
By sharing your TikTok URL, you can quickly grow the following of your account. This can increase the engagement as well as the interaction you get on your content. This can help drive traffic to your page, especially if you are a brand or an influencer.
2. Easily promote your account on other social media platforms
Rather than post individual links of your TikTok content on other social media sites, you can trust your TikTok URL to help you out in that regard. Once posted, a potential audience who clicks on it will have access to all your content rather than a single one.
3. Quickly locate and distinguish your account
A potential audience can locate you on TikTok via your username. However, a downside to this is that username variations exist. This can make it hard for your new audience to locate your page. But with TikTok URL, the audience can quickly find you since it links directly to your page.
Knowing what your TikTok URL is can save you a lot of hassle. For one, you can rely on its uniqueness to help improve your visibility. It relieves potential audiences of identifying your account from a pool of similar username profiles. Also, you can use your URL to promote your account on other social media networks.