Are you seeking ways to fundraise for a good cause or a personal project? With GoFundMe and Instagram, you can reach a massive audience and raise funds for your cause or project. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to add a GoFundMe link on Instagram bio. We’ll also give you tips on creating and promoting an effective GoFundMe campaign on Instagram.
How to add a GoFundMe link on Instagram bio
Adding a GoFundMe link to your Instagram bio is simple, but trying something new can feel daunting. To help you out, follow this simple guide. The first step is to copy your GoFundMe fundraiser link, which can be done in just a few clicks. Here’s how:
- First, log in to your GoFundMe account on the GoFundMe website;
- Once you’re logged in, locate the campaign for which you want to copy the fundraiser link;
- Click on the “Share” button located on the campaign page;
- A drop-down menu with sharing options, including Facebook, Twitter, and Email. Select “Copy Link” from the dropdown menu;
- Your fundraiser link is now copied and ready to be shared.
Once your link is copied, you can post and share it anywhere, including on your Instagram bio. To add the link to your Instagram bio, follow these steps:
- Open up the Instagram app;
- Head to your profile and click on the “Edit Profile” button;
- Scroll to and click on the Add Link option;
- Paste your GoFundMe link into the External Link space provided;
- Click on the blue checkmark at the top of the page to save your link to your bio.
The steps above allow you to add your GoFundMe link to your bio. However, you must still ensure that your GoFundMe link stands out by optimizing it for SEO. Additionally, remember to add a call-to-action in your Instagram bio to grab the audience’s attention. This can be as simple as asking your followers to check out your GoFundMe campaign and support your cause.
How to add a GoFundMe link on Instagram bio using Pushbio
If you already have a link in your Instagram bio, worry not. You can still promote your GoFundMe link using a link in bio tools like Pushbio. By opening an account on Pushbio, you can create a landing page. To use the link block on Pushbio, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Pushbio account and head to your user dashboard;
- Click on the “Total Biolinks” button to access the Biolink page if you wish to add your GoFundMe link;
- Once you’re on the Bio link settings page, click on the “Add block” button;
- A drop-down menu of available blocks will appear; select the Link block;
- Paste your GoFundMe link into the “Destination URL” field;
- Give your link a relevant name by filling out the “Name” field;
- Click “Submit” to add your GoFundMe link to your bio link page.
After adding your GoFundMe link to your landing page, copy your landing page’s unique URL and add it to your Instagram bio so your followers can easily access the fundraiser.
How to receive a donation with Pushbio
While GoFundMe is a popular fundraising platform, you can receive donations directly from your Pushbio landing page. You can do this by leveraging the donation block present on Pushbio. One advantage of using Pushbio to receive donations is that it gives you much more flexibility with payment platforms. You can choose between six payment processors, including cryptocurrency, which ensures you can use one popular among your audience.
How to promote your GoFundMe campaign on Instagram
Promoting your campaign on Instagram is key to reaching a wider audience and raising more funds. When promoting on Instagram, staying true to your cause and remaining authentic is important. Below are some professional tips to help your GoFundMe campaign promotion on Instagram:
1. Post regular updates
Posting regular updates about your campaign is key to keeping your followers engaged and informed. Share your progress, tell a personal story, or shout out to your supporters. Remember to use eye-catching visuals and captions that encourage your followers to donate. But remember, only spam your followers with a few updates. Find the right balance and post updates that are meaningful and relevant.
2. Utilize Instagram stories and highlights
Instagram stories and highlights are a great way to showcase your campaign more dynamically and creatively. Use stories to give behind-the-scenes glimpses of your campaign, share testimonials from supporters, or even host a live Q&A session. You can also create highlights that feature your campaign updates, FAQs, or thank-you messages. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and have fun.
3. Engage with your followers
Engaging with your followers is key to building a strong community around your campaign. Respond to comments, answer questions, and thank your supporters for their donations. You can also use Instagram’s interactive features, such as polls and question stickers, to gather feedback and engage with your followers more fun and interactively.
4. Collaborate with other accounts
Collaborating with other accounts in your niche or industry can help you reach a wider audience and gain more exposure for your campaign. Reach out to accounts with similar values or interests and see if they want to collaborate. This could be in the form of a shoutout, a feature, or a joint campaign. Remember, there’s strength in numbers, so feel free to reach out and build meaningful connections.
Asides from your Instagram bio, there are a couple of spots on Instagram you can also promote your GoFundMe link. Although the experiences will differ, these spots are stime prime locations for getting the audience’s attention to your cause or project:
1. Instagram Story
Here is a fun and creative way to share your GoFundMe link on Instagram, as you can include visual cues to help drive audience curiosity and gain attention. Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to share your GoFundMe link in an Instagram Story:
- Open your Instagram app and click the + icon at the top of the screen to create a new Story;
- Select or take a new photo that you want to share with your followers along with your GoFundMe link;
- Next, click the sticker tool from the navigation bar at the top of the screen;
- Tap the Link sticker and paste your GoFundMe fundraiser link;
- Now, place the Link sticker on your story content, making sure it’s visible and easy to access;
- When you’re happy with your Story, click the arrow icon in the bottom right corner to post it;
- Finally, click Share next to the Your Story option, and you’re all set.
Keep in mind that Instagram Stories only last 24 hours, so make sure to post regular updates to keep your followers engaged and informed. You can also use Instagram Highlights to save your best Stories and make them accessible to your followers for longer.
2. Using Instagram post
Aside from your Instagram bio, you can also rely on your posts to spread the word about your GoFundMe campaign. If you want to use this method, follow this step:
- Sign into your Instagram account and click the + icon at the top of the screen to create a new post;
- Select the photo you’d like to use for your post and click “Next;”
- If you’d like, you can add a filter to your photo and then click “Next” again;
- Write the message you’d like to use as your caption, and make sure to include your fundraiser link to make it easy for your followers to donate;
- Alternatively, you can include a powerful CTA to draw audience attention to your GoFundMe link in your Instagram bio;
- When you’re done, click “Share,” and your post will be added to your Instagram grid.
Sharing your GoFundMe link on Instagram posts is an excellent way to raise awareness about your campaign and keep it visible to your followers over time. However, keep in mind that links shared in the post won’t be clickable. This means you have to make your link short and concise by using a link shortener so the audience can easily memorize your GoFundMe link.
By now, you should have all the tools you need to promote your fundraiser on Instagram and reach a wider audience than ever before. Remember, Instagram is an excellent platform to engage with your followers and share updates about your GoFundMe campaign. Whether you’re using an Instagram bio, Stories, Instagram Posts, or all, keep your content fresh, engaging, and informative to keep your followers interested and invested in your cause.